ZAPPED OUTFITTERS partners with phenomenal and passionate organizations who give light in various ways to kids and their families, from your backyard to countries around the world. Add even more goodness to the holidays this year by giving light to others, together as a family. Here are our top 5 ideas.
1. Backpack Buddies: Whether volunteering together to pack some backpacks of food, involving your school in events, or donating funds in the name of your family, you can help fill the hunger gap in the Greater Vancouver and Vancouver Island area this holiday season by giving the gift of food. At Zapped we see the genuine desire that kids have to help other kids in need, and Backpack Buddies helps them take action. Not only are you lightening the burden for parents who cannot afford to fully feed themselves and their families, you are warming the tummy of a child in need who can feel the lightness of the holidays by having a full belly. Learn more and get involved at www.backpackbuddies.ca.
2. Build a Biz Kids: At Zapped we believe there is a light at the essence of each child, waiting to shine brightly and show others who they truly are. Build a Biz Kids thinks the same way and are dedicated to bringing this light to life by teaching kids entrepreneurship and leadership skills. Build a Biz Kids is uniting a community of dedicated and passionate people who believe that children can drive incredible change for their families, communities and the world. Sign your kids up for one of their life changing programs, or donate in the name of your family to help others be the change. Learn more and get involved at www.buildabizkids.com.
3. Healthy Family Expo: The Healthy Family Expo is Canada's largest food & health event for families, introducing them to small steps and simple solutions for healthy, active and eco-friendly living. For us at Zapped this means playing hard and being seen as a family! The enthusiastic team fueling this initiative is made up of Vancouver-area parents who love to connect conscious businesses with discerning families. Meet other like-minded parents in their Facebook group for families who struggle to balance healthy choices with a busy life, or learn about the hundreds of vendors who support the health and well-being of families. Plan to attend the 7th annual Healthy Family Expo on March 29th, 2020 at the Vancouver Convention Centre and bring some lighthearted learning and fun to your own family, and get a group of friends together to join you! Learn more and get involved at www.healthyfamilyexpo.com.
4. Mamas For Mamas: This powerful organization is a community pillar in creating an inclusive, compassionate and poverty-relieving place for mothers, caregivers and children. Purge the house together and donate unwanted baby gear, toys, clothing, or non-perishable food that can thrive in a new home. Donate your time, dollars or caring kindness and connect with other families this holiday season at one of their events or centers…or buy your holiday gifts on their online shop where a portion of proceeds directly supports their mission. At Zapped, being mamas and sisters ourselves we are all about supporting each other in true sisterhood style. Learn more and get involved at www.mamasformamas.ca.
5. Ruben’s Shoes Society: The passionate force behind Ruben’s Shoes Society believes that education is the key to breaking the cycle of poverty for children and families.Their mission to deliver access to education to the millions of children around the world living without it truly inspires us at Zapped Outfitters. Together as a family, you can sponsor a student and give the gift of education while educating your kids about life in another country. Choose to buy holiday gifts on their online store that directly supports students, schools and the community, or attend one of their fundraising events as a family. You’re bound to feel inspired about giving education this holiday season. Learn more and get involved at www.rubensshoes.com.
We believe families that play together, stay together. PLAY HARD // BE SEEN this holiday season! We sure will.