After all the Christmas and holiday buzz, January doesn’t get too much attention. Well at ZAPPED we feel like January is the BEST time to be jolly!
With a wintery new decade truly upon us now, January marks the perfect month to PLAY HARD and BE SEEN.
We’re not talking about New Year’s Resolutions or big hairy audacious goals, we’re talking about the fun-filled ways we like to frolic in the snow and wrap ourselves in winter. In fact, it is playing in the snow that inspired the rad ZAPPED look in the first place.
Did you know?
Our founder Scarlet is a northern-raised snow baby turned snowboard clothing designer in the 90s. Those were the days when brands were built on shredding during the day and designing performance-wear during downtime. Co-workers got together to have fun and make sure what they were building worked in the mountains. So they played hard and created great products and brands.
This is still the spirit behind ZAPPED, and when we get together to talk work, we’re also talking about FUN. In fact, during our last meeting Scarlet had just gotten back from a morning on the hill with the family before hitting her desk. Her son is in charge of product testing and quality (and style) control, wearing ZAPPED gear to the skate park and to school…and of course as a teen he is very vocal about his mother’s design flaws!
What inspires you and yours to have a wicked winter in the best sense of the word?
Here’s what our ZAPPED family loves:
- A glimpse of the northern lights in our home town of Dawson Creek…especially when it’s REALLY COLD!
- A cross-country ski in the midst of snow falling
- A quick snowshoe followed by a fire and hot cocoa
- A family day at the hill, skiing til we’re so tired and so hungry
- Craft cocktails during a backyard burn with good friends
- Hitting the West Coast beach on a crisp sunny day
- Cozying by the fire with a good book or Ukulele and some tea
- Who doesn’t love a snowball fight or snowman building at any age?